Friday, June 5, 2009

Indians Pillage Sox

Well, I had my hopes up about this game. It would’ve been way too depressing for us to lose four in a row, so the hurt way about to stop. Things looked good for us: Asdrubal Cabrera and Grady Sizemore were out, for one. Chris Getz was back in the lineup. But no. The Sox broke my heart. They mustered up a mere 3 hits and 2 walks. If it wasn’t for Pierzynski and Pods, I would’ve skipped the game altogether and just made up my own version of the game where Carlos Quentin hit 30 home runs, Joe Crede was subbing at third base, and Danks threw a no-hitter.

So, a big nonsensical paragraph of notes it is! Doc and Carlos were looking very cozy with their arms around each other sitting on the bench. Danks threw a lot of balls and was hurt badly by two walks he issued in the same inning, then in a later inning, he gave up back to back homers… despite being able to pitch over Chris Getz’s big error on a double play. I mean… maybe he was overextended because he had to face more batters than he should have, but… not a strong outing. Brian Anderson grounds out an awful lot lately and I’m worried he’s been told the same things Nick Swisher was told last year. Let’s pray that’s not where we’re headed. Finally, Steve Stone got carded buying some wine… alrighty then.

BECKHAM UPDATE! BECKHAM UPDATE! Still hitless, but great throwing arm!

No comments: