Saturday, June 6, 2009

Floyd Finally Stops Sox Skid

Stop what you’re doing. Take a deep breath. It’s true. The rumors, everything you’ve heard. All true. Josh Fields hit another home run. That “power” deal that I had assumed had been traded away in a deal with the devil (No, not Scott Boras. The other devil.) when he was in need of defensive skills is still around. Perhaps Betemit has really lowered my standards, but Fields has been looking really good on third this year. He was trying to alleviate any concerns I had after the tragic loss of Joe Crede, and, as it turns out, he did a pretty good job. “They can’t complain,” he thought, “if I address this whole ‘Fields can’t field’ pun.” Little did he know he would completely lose any talent he had at the plate. To be perfectly honest, I don’t even remember Fields’s first 2 home runs of the year. Can you?

Anyway, I refuse to pass any praise on the Sox offense. I will say Fields did his job today and that maybe a good kick in the butt (Do I smell a nickname coming on for Gordon Beckham?) will do him some good. I’ll also say that Scotty Pods is sure to be the last man standing in center field after the return of TCQ if he keeps things up. Hitting and stealing may be criminal offenses, but they are highly praised in baseball. I’ll give Floyd a pat on the back, but there is still a lot to be desired from the rest of the team.

In other news… Nix in right field? Interesting. I mean, it sure says something about how keen the Sox coaches are to put Wise in the lineup.

BECKHAM UPDATE! BECKHAM UPDATE! He didn’t play today.

No comments: