Saturday, May 23, 2009

He's back! Gavin Floyd to the rescue!

The Sox offense is still discouraging, but I do have some great news: He’s back! THE GAVIN FLOYD is back! Gavin Floyd was throwing himself a no-hitter into the 5th. Sure, that may not seem like THAT big of a deal, but 8 innings of scoreless ball means that he is back in shape after being roughed up (to put it kindly) in his last couple of outings.

Other than that, what is there to mention? JD’s grand slam? Well, it’s there. Part of a 7-run inning which gave the Sox and John Danks a victory. Otherwise, 7 half innings of no runs produced. I think the order is what is hurting the Sox, but hey… I’m not Ozzie.

Jake Peavy needs to be mentioned. Question: who was Kenny going to trade and why did anyone think this was a viable option? I’m not sure why, but this situation reminds me very much of last year, when the fans were screaming, “Trade Konerko!”

Oh, then there was yesterday’s game. The Sox lost 20-1. Embarrassment ensued. What I really took from the whole situation was disappointment in Lance Broadway, who I had such high hopes for. (Well, by high hopes, I mean that I always thought he was less awful than everyone made him out to be. The 2009 Brian Anderson, if you will.) Ah, well.

That’s all I have for now. I obviously lied last time about the more consistent posts, but I’ll work on it, I promise.

No comments: